Multiple Contacts problem with Facebook for Sense

Last Updated:

1. Jamm

Jamm New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 12, 2010

n00b to the forum here!

I seem to be having an issue with my "People" and Facebook for HTC Sense... The basics are that I have 260 friends on Facebook and HTC Sense has imported over 27000 records!!! So now whenever I try to send a text message it takes about 10 minutes for the contacts to load up!

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

I've tried removing the account but that just stops my "People" app from working at all.

I've gone in to People > view and then unselected the Facebook for HTC Sense which removes them in the "People" app but they still show when I use the "Search People" app or try to select a contact to send a text message!

I am at the end of my tether with this and if I can't find a solution I'm getting rid of the phone.

Thanks in advance

2. Nightsabre

Nightsabre Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Had something similar, where some of my contacts were repeated about 50 times.

I fixed it as follows (though I have a feeling you may have already tried this):

Under Menu->Settings->Accounts&Sync.
    It listed "Facebook for HTC Sense" & "Facebook"

I think the 2 were clashing somehow, causing a right old mess

I deleted the "Facebook" account (leaving Facebook for HTC Sense), and my contacts were immediately all fixed.

Accessing Facebook from my browser has since caused the account to bereinstated but my contacts still seem to be sorted out ok.

Hope you have as much success as me and I'm not just repeating something you've already attempted!
  3. hero_101

hero_101 Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    As above delete Facebook account then reinstate but ask it NOT to sync in the options. The other one works. There is no clash but a well documented bug in the FB for android application. I fixed mine today as my contact list grew to 2700 from 1200, but I only have 290 FB friends!!!!