multiple contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. JeffCurton

JeffCurton New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok Im new here, and looked through the forums and only one post (that I found) has my problem but no solution. When I go to add a recipient for a sms message or email, each contact has their name listed 2 or 3 times. ie

Amber
    Amber
    John
    John
    John
    Sally
    Sally

(I dont know how to get pictures on here or I would have a screen shot.
    I have deleted all my contacts in gmail via computer, so there is none to sync from there. Also I am not linked to any social sights, this is almost 100% stock. I think I updated googlemaps. I have not set up anything but email. My home screens arent even set up. I turned off viewing from sim and google in settings, and unlinked and deleted any contact that was merged together. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. dwh_72

dwh_72 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have your contacts doubled up. If you do contacts > menu > display options (or similar) can you check/uncheck different accounts that show contacts assigned to each account? eg phone/sim/google/facebook/yahoo/etc. display only contacts with phones?

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

4. JeffCurton

JeffCurton New Member This Topic's Starter

yea everything is unchecked, I did some playing around, I deleted one contact from my sim and only had it stored on my phone. and another that was stored in bot places. Both are not linked to another contact or anything. Went to messaging. new message....typed in person name. the contact I have stored only on the phone is listed once. the contact saved to both phone and sim is listed twice. it reads from the sim even if its unchecked.....for messaging...contacts, does not.

Kattrinakitten likes this.
  5. KonaZXIII

KonaZXIII Banned

Same here- I can have one contact in one place but when I type their name in a search it comes up multiple times.

6. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member

Hello please I have multiple contacts displaying on my phone, and I would like to link all of them. I read the Contacts - CapFAQ under Linked Contacts and I do not see the option where I can link all my contacts...nexus 1 user

Thank you
    Any help pls

7. Kattrinakitten

Kattrinakitten Member

I really wish you would quit posting this every where. Have you actual read it??? I did and it does NOT answer this question at all!!!!!