Multiple Copies of Google Maps?Support

Last Updated:

1. metlcat

metlcat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone. I've come across an interesting issue and thought I'd run it by the forum. I did a search before posting and didn't see anything about this.

I'm going through my phone trying to free up some space. I use Uninstaller Pro to delete apps. Today I noticed that Google Maps is listed four times in Uninstaller Pro. Each one has the same version number and the same download date. I don't want to uninstall the program completely, but if it has somehow installed itself three extra times, I'd like to remove the copies. Root Explorer only lists the .apk one time Has anyone else had this problem or know of a reason why there would be four copies of Google Maps listed?

Advertisement
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

No. Never had this problem. Don't know why there would be 4 copies. Did you ever have trouble installing maps from the market in the past?

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

metlcat likes this.
  4. metlcat

Nope, I've never had problems downloading it in the past.

5. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Oh OK. I was thinking it might have been bcuz "if" you had problems downloading from the market in the past, some glitch must have installed it four times. i guess not then.

6. metlcat

That seems like it might be the problem. I'll do my backups and try removing the unneeded copies when I get more free time. Thanks for finding that info so fast. This place is great.

Edit: That thread worked perfectly. I just moved the updated version from the data/app folder to the system/app folder, deleted the old app (Maps.apk) and installed the updated version. Now, since it's a system app, Google Maps doesn't show up at all in Uninstaller Pro.