Multiple Corporate Sync (Exchange accounts)Support

Last Updated:

1. billybob2

billybob2 New Member This Topic's Starter

I've got two Corporate Exchange Accounts with which I want to be able to Sync both email and calendars with my Fascinate.

My wife has the Motorola Droid 2 with Android 2.2 and it supports multiple Corporate Sync (Exchange) Accounts. (She has three exchange accounts - two part time jobs and one for personal)

I bought the Fascinate, but after I got home realized it only will support one Corporate Sync account natively. I have downloaded and installed Touchdown temporarily to handle my second Exchange Account, but Touchdown also only supports one account. I'd much prefer to use the same applicaton for both accounts so I can see my calendars overlayed.

As I understood it, Android 2.1 supported multiple exchange accounts, but I think Samsung made a decision to override that, by including an Email app on the Fascinate that only supports one account.

Has anybody heard about Fascinate's Android 2.2 (Froyo) update and whether or not it will support multiple Corporate accounts?

With the exception of not supporting Multiple Exchange accounts, this phone really hit it out of the park for me. Great screen, thin and light, fast, 3G Hotspot (so I can get rid of my aircard). I'm 4 days into my 30 days with Verizon. I hope we hear something about Fascinate's 2.2 update before then.

Advertisement
  2. billybob2

billybob2 New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone have a custom ROM for this phone that supports more than one corporate sync accounts?

How about anyone from Europe who has the new Froyo release. When it comes out could you kindly test for me whether your version supports 2 corporate sync accounts?

Thanks in advance!

3. mulox

mulox New Member

I also just got the Fascinate, and am desperately in need of support for 2 exchange accounts. There has to be some kind of other hacks available. If we root the phone, can we install Froyo then?

4. emikel

emikel New Member

I have installed successfully 2 Exchange accounts on my Droid X with android 2.2