• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

multiple devices with one google account

bthebluehen

Lurker
Jun 19, 2011
We plan on deploying about 90 Samsung Tab's to use with demand/response dispatch application. My questions are:
1) Does anyone know of any problems I could encounter if I use the same Google account on all of the devices?

2) Do I even need to register all the devices with a Google account to still receive OS and pre-loaded app updates?

3) Is there anything with Google's terms and conditions that forbid using the same Google account on multiple devices?
Thanks.
B

1.There is no issue with connecting multiple devices to the same google account, I have 2 google accounts on all 3 of my devices and they run fine ( I am a google apps enterprise user)

2.Well the pre loaded software for the most part will come from the market still and for that you will need a google account synced.

3. Not really sure but I don't think so.

Upvote 0
I'm looking at the same thing for educational use so I'm mainly using free apps or the lite versions for now (also gets around the credit card issue). My main issue is that to download through one account and deploy to multiple devices means you have to sit and choose each device to send the app too. Does anyone know if it's possible to choose multiple devices to save time? I may only be looking at a class of 30, not 90, but it's still time consuming.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure about mass deployment of apps to multiple devices. I can say that I have an Android phone for a while and just recently purchased an Android tablet. When I entered my Gmail account on the tablet (which is the same on my phone), most of the compatible apps were automatically installed on the tablet. I just had one game that did not install automatically and I just manually installed it. Apps that were not compatible did not install.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones