Multiple / duplicate contacts in Messaging SMS

1. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

Guys

Does anybody else have a problem when composing a sms that when typing a recipient every contact is duplicated (two of each) in the scroll list that appears?

In the people app I have unchecked Google and Sim contacts so I am not sure why this is happening?

Advertisement
  2. EddersC

EddersC Active Member

Yes, I have this too -- definitely only one of a contact appearing in People, yet multiple copies (sometimes) in the SMS app.
    Different use of contact information made in the People App and the SMS App perhaps?
  3. jporch316

Ive got no numbers on my sim - so it must be displaying phone contacts and google contacs (even though it syas mobile next to tall the entries)
  4. jporch316

ok the plot thickens on this one - I just used HTC sync with outlook for the 2nd time since getting the phone to see if that would get rid of the duplicate contacts in the messaging app.
    Guess what - after the sync ive now got three of evry contact showing on the drop down list. Ive got a feeling that syncing with outlook is causing this.
    The only way I can think of getting around this is to master reset the phone then only sync with gmail. Ireally dont want to have to do this - anyone got any better suggestions?
  5. Qlither

Qlither Member

If you have a gmail account logged to the phone, it will add the contacts from there too. It makes it a bit weird seeing my gmail people next to my phone contacts.