• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiple e-mail accounts (including non-gmail)

robhole

Lurker
Dec 5, 2011
Ok so I have done extensive Googling & searching this forum for the answer but cannot find it.

On my Android Tablet, it was easy but I'm not having great success on my LG Optimus 3D phone.

I want to add another e-mail address THAT IS NOT MS Exchange or Gmail. When I go into Settings > Accounts it only gives me the option for FB, Twitter, Gmail or MS Exchange. I just want to add hotmail to it. When we set it up originally, I set it up with gmail but I also want to add my hotmail... my android tablet did this no problem but the LG Optimus 3D I can't find it for the life of me.

I did e-mail, settings as well but nothing to add a pop/imap at all.

Can someone direct me to the right place here /// anyone had similar issues?

Did you get this sorted? On mine, the settings in the stock email app (E-mail v 1.1), offers three choices: 'Add account', 'Compose' and 'Settings'. Select 'Add account', you then get three options: 'MS Exchange', 'Gmail' and 'Other'. The 'Other' button let me add all of my email accounts from my ISP, as well as my Hotmail account. Just needed the email address and password.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones