Multiple Email AccountsSupport

Last Updated:

1. marichar

marichar Member This Topic's Starter

I will be buying the N1 on big red when it comes out (let's hope the March 23rd rumor is true). I know that you can access multiple GMail accounts through the phone but does anyone know if you can have a GMail and another account. I am a medical student and get important minute-to-minute emails about things for the hospital. The account I have through the school uses OWA and the school has dropped its ability to automatically forward emails to other accounts. Also, as much as I have tried, I can not get my GMail account to import/retrieve emails from the OWA account. So I am hoping to have the .edu account and the GMail account simultaneously. Any help would be provided from anyone currently using N1 on TMo. Even if you could test it by trying to set up another email with another POP3 email server. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

Don't know if it would be PUSH e-mail - probably not - but you can definitely have as many email accounts as you want.
    POP3 would probably be checked every 5 minutes but I could be wrong.

3. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i have my other gmail accounts setup via the normal email app.. you can set it to push

4. marichar

Thanks to the both of you for the info.

5. phenixdragon

phenixdragon Well-Known Member

OWA is just a web email client only for Exchange instead of having an actual email client installed. Android has 2 email clients, Gmail and Mail. Mail is used for everything other then Gmail and it supports push. Now your Exchange server may not support push or allow you to sync to it through your phone but most likely it is enabled on the Exchange server.

6. marichar

Thanks for the info. The OWA is compatible with mobiles because every medical student around me has an iPhone with their accounts on PUSH. Sounds like I should have no problem.

7. phenixdragon

phenixdragon Well-Known Member

OWA - Outlook Web Access

Again, OWA is not email. OWA is a web base version of Outlook you can install on the Exchange mail server to allow users to open up a browser and connect to it. It is also only 100% compatible with IE. Other browsers may work but not everything works properly like it does with IE.

You don't use the Mail app on the iPhone to connect to OWA, you use it to connect to Exchange. You can open up Safari and connect to OWA.

8. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member

Hello there, well as far as having many account as you want with Nexus 0ne is not true for me. I have been unable to set up my yahoo and hotmail account up or have them configure with nexus one. It only have facebook and gmail account but I would like to have these other mentioned as well. it is given an error message , about some "plus" message...any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

9. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

There is a video and a tutorial on here somewhere. Just pull a search, im on tapatalk so I cant link you.but it can be done