Multiple Flicker Processes running?Support

1. ThreeFingersDown

ThreeFingersDown Well-Known Member

I don't use task killers or any nonsense like that, but I keep OS Monitor running so I can see if my CPU is running when it shouldn't be. While opening OS monitor and looking at my processes I noticed last night that there were like 6 flicker processes. They weren't currently using any cpu or anything, but why are there 6?

And now today I noticed there are 2 running. (after re-start / battery charge)

Also 2 instances of google maps.

Anyone have an explanation for this?
    Thanks guys.

PS . I should probably note that I have never even used Flicker, and don't even have an account.

Advertisement
  2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

I don't know what exactly is going on, something tells me one of them is just the leftover from a force close or when the app was closed. When using a task killer i noticed if i had 2 of the same that when i killed one of them they'd both go away. So that leads me to think that either one was a phantom process or left over from a force close.
  3. ThreeFingersDown

ThreeFingersDown Well-Known Member

Yeah but like I said, in the week I've had the phone I've never even opened flicker.

I don't think its using cpu or anything, but its still unsettling.
  4. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

It may be one process using multiple threads. Im not sure exacly how google maps multithreads, but it may have a separate thread for various functions (which would allow you to manipulate the map while it is downloading more data etc). As far as flickr goes, some applications start up with the phone and quickly either shutdown or go to an idle state, flickr could be another multi threaded application that is just sleeping. HTC Sense integrates flickr so that could be why you are seeing the flickr process.