Multiple friends texts under one thread

Last Updated:

1. Bradley1

Bradley1 Member This Topic's Starter

Frustrated! :mad: I am receiving all my texts from different people under one thread. Then, when I reply to the last person who texted me under that thread, it goes to the first person on the thread and not the person intended. Went to the Sprint store the first time this happened, they did a hard reset and that worked for a couple of days but having same problem again. Tried disabling my task manager but that didn't help this problem either. I downloaded Handcent and disabled Hero's text messaging but no luck with that. Please help....ready to throw this phone against the wall. Has anyone else had this problem? Anybody know how to fix this problem? Thanks.....:)

Advertisement
  2. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

Do you have the Bank of America app installed, or getting texts from them or something? It seems like i recall this being a known problem if you have that app installed. Seems like either uninstalling it, or a hard reset and not installing it, is the solution if you have that app. Otherwise, not really sure, but it would sound like a software problem, the hardware wouldn't know where to store your messages.

3. Bradley1

No I do not have the Bank of America app installed. I'm at a loss and so is the Sprint store...

4. Heaterz16

Heaterz16 Well-Known Member

I had bank of america alerts setup to text me (not the app, just alerts signed up on their website), after I received a text from them, I had the exact same problem. I had to do a hard reset and changed my alerts to email instead of text messages and haven't had that issue again.

Bradley1 likes this.
  5. Bradley1

Thanks Heatherz16. That could be the problem. I have Continental Airlines set up to text me with trip alerts and that's the thread that the multiple friends text fall under. Don't really want to hard reset and start all over again but it sounds like that's the only option! Hope this solves the problem.

6. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

knew it was something like that

7. Bradley1

We will find out after a reset but it must be a software problem if we can't have businesses send us texts.

8. Bradley1

Question: Do you think if I uninstall Handcent and re-install that this would work instead of hard resetting? Don't really want to reset. Just a thought.