Multiple functionality issues w/ Atrix 4GSupport

1. scigirl

scigirl New Member

I have a Motorola Atrix 4G that I got from AT&Ts website. It's a refurb phone, so of course the warranty lasted about 5 minutes. I typically like refurb products in general, but I'm afraid I got a lemon this time.

Major issues:
    -for at least some part of each day, new emails do not arrive unless I wake the phone and open my email app (I use both K-9 mail and default GMail account app)
    -sometimes when I set an alarm, it doesn't go off in the morning -- as if I never set it in the first place
    - the home screen that appears when you first wake the phone (but before you swipe to access it) often appears blank or missing the information it typically displays
    - the finger print sensor randomly stops functioning multiple times per day and I have to swipe and enter my passcode to access the phone instead; only a power off/on fixes this
    - if I choose to use my passcode to access the phone (when the sensor has been working), after that I can't use the finger print sensor again until I reboot
    - today, I got a phone call and for the first time the ring was completely different than what it's set to be

I have system version 4.1.83.MB860.ATT.en.US
    Android version 2.2.2

I haven't installed many apps, but I did install AVG antivirus. Could AVG be part of the problem?

I don't think AT&T will let me exchange the phone, but next time it's acting up, I'll try going to the store. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Scigirl

Advertisement