Multiple Gmail accounts on DroidSupport

Last Updated:

1. artmcg

artmcg New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I've run into a strange issue with my new Droid, and I'm hoping someone here might have an idea what I can do.

I had the phone set up with my primary Gmail address, and everything was working fine as far as sending/receiving email and everything else. Today, I tried to add in a secondary Gmail account that I wanted to also use for sending and receiving email, but I can't seem to get any success.

I added the account in the Gmail app. It acted like it was syncing and working normally. Under Gmail's Account Settings menu, it shows as having "sync on" in the main list, and as having "Sync Gmail" selected when I go into its individual menu.

Yet, no matter what, NOTHING shows up in its inbox. I've even tried manually refreshing it after sending a test email, and I get nothing. It's as if the phone isn't even checking for email at all, even though it says it's syncing properly.

Has anyone encountered this, or had any success with setting up multiple Gmail accounts? Isn't Droid/Android 2.0 supposed to support multiple Gmail accounts? I'm not sure what else to try...I appreciate any insights you can provide!

Thanks,

Art

Advertisement
  2. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

I was just about to add an account, i wait to see if anyone can answer your question just in case i run into the same thing.

3. mdnd19

mdnd19 Member

I have been experiencing the same issue. The only way I’ve been able to check my secondary gmail account is to open folder All Mail. I agree that this is very aggravating and when I took the phone into Verizon they didn’t have any answers for me… Also I still can’t get Yahoo to work!!

4. 0837s

0837s Well-Known Member

I have 3 Gmail accounts all under the Gmail app on my phone and all 3 are working. To add an email account, I just went to the options part of the Gmail app and added another account.

5. Big_D

Big_D New Member

I to am having the same problem. Everything was working using my personal gmail account. I was having problems with my work account using POP3, so I decided to get a gmail for work, that would grab my POP email. After setting up the second account multiple times, and reseting the phone. The email is quite flaky. I can have 4 new messages in my work gmail for 8 hrs and not have them show on the phone... not even after a manual refresh.

6. NewYorkLaw

NewYorkLaw Well-Known Member

I'm also using two gmail accounts (work = push and home = imap). Both calendars show up layered with no problems
    Problem, as I see it, is that I cannot "archive" gmail that's on the gmail account from the phone inbox, as I can when I read the "inbox" mail.
    Suggestions or work-arounds?
    Pete

7. stimpy2301

stimpy2301 New Member

artmcg -- I just found this forum, looking for the answer to this identical problem. Just after NOT finding an answer here, I figured it out myself -- here's what you need to do:

Go to your home screen, and bring up Settings.
    Bring up Accounts & sync. Here, it will look like your extra gmail account is sync'd (which is why you and I were going crazy) ... however, Select that account, and it'll take you to another screen...

The next screen shows you WHAT of that account is actually sync'd. In my case, only the calendar was checked off; mail wasn't. Select mail (and contacts, if you want), and then it'll sync up properly and you'll start getting your new mail notices.

Woohoo!