Multiple Gmail AccountsSupport

Last Updated:

1. RFCole

RFCole New Member This Topic's Starter

Android Version: 2.2 (2.10.405.2)
    Network: Orange, CPW unbranded handset
    Taskiller Used: Previously ATK - now none.
    Issue:

I have two Gmail accounts setup on my phone, both of which use Google Apps, so the addresses are blah (at) example1.com and blah (at) example2.com as opposed to ending in gmail.com. I use my first account to sync my contacts, calendar and mail, and my secondary account just syncs mail.

I then added an old blah@gmail.com account for no particular reason and now it won't let me delete it and gives this reason: "This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults..."

When I first added the account, by default it didn't turn on mail sync. I have left that unchecked, and also left contacts and calendar sync unchecked. Therefore, this account hasn't yet interacted with any apps/programs.

Is the reason I can't delete this @gmail.com account because Android recognises it as a 'proper' Gmail address?

I have searched for similar threads, but ultimately the discussions there seem to focus on different problems.

I appreciate any help anyone could offer.

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Probably, haven't come across it before. It its unsynced to everything i'm assuming its not causing an actual problem, just annoying that you cant get rid of it? (it would annoy me too)

3. RFCole

RFCole New Member This Topic's Starter

Apologies for not replying sooner: You're right in that I don't have it synced to anything, and never did - it didn't automatically turn on sync when I added the account, it left it to me to say whether I wanted it to sync anything, which is why I find it odd that it now won't delete.

You're also right about the second part - it's not doing anything, it's just annoying me!

4. ohadfreund

ohadfreund Well-Known Member

I have the same problem.
    I want to remove my gmail account.