Multiple Google Accounts?

Last Updated:

1. wiley-b

wiley-b New Member This Topic's Starter

So here in the land of 2.1 on the Sprint Hero we're supposed to be able to have multiple Google Accounts. It says so straight up when you go to Settings -> Accounts & sync -> Add Account -> Google ("You can use more than one Google Account on your phone...").

When I try to add the 2nd account I get the issue that other people report when trying to replace their first account, or if they skipped account setup when activating the device. This is the "unable to connect to network" / "unstable network connection" issue detailed here: http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/9945-fixed-i-want-use-different-gmail-account.html

Things I have tried:

- Adding the account over a fully functional 3g connection (many times)
    - Adding the account over wifi (many times)
    - Checking the date/time/timezone (it's fine)
    - Googling about and searching here

As near as I can tell, the only way to solve that problem is with a hard phone reset... which wouldn't actually work for trying to add a 2nd account. The account I'm adding is less important than my primary, so I'm not going to go replace it the primary. So the questions... has anyone successfully done this on a Sprint Hero on 2.1? If not, any ideas on where to start digging to find the issue?

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Use the mail app if you want to add a second gmail account. Or you could forward the email to the primary account.

3. Fbomb!

Fbomb! Well-Known Member

Open Gmail>menu button>Accounts>Add Account (at bottom).

Then if you open Gmail>Accounts...There should be both (or however many you add) listed.

4. wiley-b

wiley-b New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately going through the Gmail app brings you to the same accounts wizard (though filtered down to only show Google accounts), with the same result. Has that actually worked for anyone?

5. Zinja

Zinja Well-Known Member

Didn't work for me either. Said there's an issue with my network connection and to connect to WiFi. Then I tried again after reading this post... and it worked.

Going to toggle between the HTC mail app and the GMail app to find out which one works better...