• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiple Google accounts

goatt

Sep 26, 2010
Hi all. I bought a Fascinate yesterday and I have two google accounts. The primary one works fine. However the second one has a calendar that's not being picked up by my phone. Under 'Accounts and sync' --> 'Manage accounts' --> there only 'Sync contacts' and 'Sync Gmail' but no 'Sync Calendar' like I can with my primary account. I set up the calendar in Google and got the mobile part registered and received the code and it says it's working...the phone just isn't realizing it's there. Any ideas?

I have two google accounts. The primary one works fine. However the second one has a calendar that's not being picked up by my phone. Under 'Accounts and sync' --> 'Manage accounts' --> there only 'Sync contacts' and 'Sync Gmail' but no 'Sync Calendar' like I can with my primary account. I set up the calendar in Google and got the mobile part registered and received the code and it says it's working...the phone just isn't realizing it's there. Any ideas?

Ok, mine is doing the same thing. I received the code from google and I even tried to set up my 2nd google account on the phone by going to HOME > MENU > ACCOUNTS & SYNC > GOOGLE > NEXT > SIGN IN > Input my 2nd google account info.

It appears that google calendar can only be sync'd with the primary google account. :thinking::mad: .

Upvote 0
Ok, I went to the Verizon store at lunch, and they verified this. They deleted my original google account (which reset the phone to factory settings), and now it syncs fine with my other (2nd) google account.
Hmmm so deleting the original gmail resets the phone huh good to know. I never use either gmail hardly ever so I suppose I'll just leave them both and if I ever want calendar syncing I'll just use the gmail associated as the original

Upvote 0
you may be able to share your 2nd calendar with your first and have it show up on your phone. I was going to try this but my 2nd calendar is my work account and we can't share that one (it's blocked). So i had to restore and put my work account as the primary. since i only use that calendar i didnt bother trying the share thing.

> I also heard that 2.2 may fix this. (MAY FIX) If thats true then you'll just need to be patient.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones