Multiple Google accountsSupport

Last Updated:

1. goatt

goatt Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. I bought a Fascinate yesterday and I have two google accounts. The primary one works fine. However the second one has a calendar that's not being picked up by my phone. Under 'Accounts and sync' --> 'Manage accounts' --> there only 'Sync contacts' and 'Sync Gmail' but no 'Sync Calendar' like I can with my primary account. I set up the calendar in Google and got the mobile part registered and received the code and it says it's working...the phone just isn't realizing it's there. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. devildave

devildave Member

I have the same problem / question....

However, I didn't go through this step (see below) with google yet, so maybe that is the problem with mine.

3. devildave

devildave Member

Ok, mine is doing the same thing. I received the code from google and I even tried to set up my 2nd google account on the phone by going to HOME > MENU > ACCOUNTS & SYNC > GOOGLE > NEXT > SIGN IN > Input my 2nd google account info.

It appears that google calendar can only be sync'd with the primary google account. :confused::mad: .

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah it does seem that way. I have 2 gmails neither I use a ton but nevertheless only the default/primary one can be calendar sync'd

5. devildave

devildave Member

Ok, I went to the Verizon store at lunch, and they verified this. They deleted my original google account (which reset the phone to factory settings), and now it syncs fine with my other (2nd) google account.

goatt and saps like this.
  6. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Hmmm so deleting the original gmail resets the phone huh good to know. I never use either gmail hardly ever so I suppose I'll just leave them both and if I ever want calendar syncing I'll just use the gmail associated as the original

7. Eggwardo

Eggwardo Member

you may be able to share your 2nd calendar with your first and have it show up on your phone. I was going to try this but my 2nd calendar is my work account and we can't share that one (it's blocked). So i had to restore and put my work account as the primary. since i only use that calendar i didnt bother trying the share thing.

> I also heard that 2.2 may fix this. (MAY FIX) If thats true then you'll just need to be patient.

8. Danfriz

Danfriz New Member

Today I found out the hard way that yes indeed the only calendar the phone will sync to is the Google account it was initialized with AND you can share your other google calendars with that (initial) account and see them sync'd on the phone.

This was on an Epic Android @2.1

A bit of a setup hassle, but what else is new?

Dan

9. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

Think "one account" per phone as implemented by your carrier for any brand of phone.

You have one phone, one account, one phone number associated with just that one phone.

The same applies to Android, just one Google account is your primary associated account.