1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple GV Numbers to 1 Phone

Last Updated:

1. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just posted this in another thread, and then realized that it was actually located in the Samsung Moment Sub-Forum. So, I am posting it here for more universal viewing and input.

Here's a rough explanation of my situation: I'm a leader in a large PS3 gaming community (4-500 active members) - go ahead and call me a dork. With all the things I do there, I occasionally have to give my number to members. I try to stick to msn/skype/google chat. However, that does not always work out. I have many seperate Gmail accounts for dispersing to different people; specifically, I have one designated as my gaming account. So, I would like to associate my gaming gmail with a specific GV Number.

Knowing all that, if I were able to obtain an additional GV invite for that account (I do not currently have one and I probably sound selfish), would it be possible to have 2 different accounts going to the same phone?

Though I don't currently use a GV number (only my primary number), I don't what to use my primary Gmail accout's GV number for this gaming line incase I do eventually begin to use the GV number.

I know I know, it's all very confusing. Let me know if I need to explain more thoroughly.

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Buy yourself a GV invite for less than $2 on eBay and forward that number to your phone. There's no limit to the number of GV numbers that can be forwarded to one phone. Make sense?

3. bgrutter

What about returning the calls? Is it possible to ensure that I only return the calls, or initiate them for that matter, with a specific GV number? Again, being able to select from my VZW#, my personal GV#, or my gaming GV#?

4. regression

regression Well-Known Member

5. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Yep... I thought you could only associate a number with one GV number at any given time.

6. bgrutter

Honestly, even more than for my gaming account, it'd be nice to have a separate GV# just for my patients to use. That way, I can know what to expect when I get a call (by the number I'm being called on) and I could just divert the number directly to email, or another office when on vacation.

7. regression

regression Well-Known Member

You could always enable call screening and "listen in on voicemail" to accomplish that.

8. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

GV will only allow 1 GV number to forward to a number you configure as a mobile number.

For numbers configured as work/home, 2 GV numbers can be forwarded to them.

9. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Google Voice only registers a cell number under one Google Voice number. If you try to register a second it will tell you that the wireless number is already registered with Google Voice and move it from #1 to #2.

10. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

From the phone you want to forward your GV number to, call your GV number and let it go to voicemail. Press * and enter your PIN when prompted. Press 4 to change your settings. Press 4 again to change your temporary settings. Press 2 to add the number your calling from to the list of numbers that your GV number will forward to.

I don't think there is a limit to the number of GV numbers that can be forwarded to a common number in this way. Also, I don't know how long these temporary settings remain in effect.