Multiple hero q's, especially gmail

Last Updated:

1. jarnold

jarnold Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to RENAME an app as the icon for that app is displayed on the screen?

Second, I have multiple email accounts and need to keep them SEPARATE. I have email for my home account, then email for my gmail account, works fine. But for my business email, that is also gmail, but a DIFFERENT gmail then the one already there. It appears I cannot add a second gmail app? How can that be done? (Could do it on bberry, and have yet to find something my bberry could do that my hero android cannot, so I am sure it is possible?)

Jon

Advertisement
  2. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

I don't think multiple gmail accounts is possible yet. I believe it's coming in Android 2.x (which should be available for Hero in the first half of this year)

In the mean time, you could use both the HTC Mail app and the gmail app for different accounts (the htc mail app can handle multiple accounts)

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

With android 1.5 you cannot have more than 1 gmail app, to get around it you can configure another gmail account using the HTC mail app. But multiple gmails is coming soon with the next update to android (using the gmail app).

You can't rename shortcuts on the desktop natively, but if you get an app called anycut, it allows you to do this.

4. jarnold

jarnold Member This Topic's Starter

Bummer. I really need two gmail apps. Out of the Android mail app (which is already allocated for my personal earthlink mail) and one of my gmail accounts, there is no more room for my business email. Is there a third party app that would allow this?

5. hero_101

hero_101 Well-Known Member

Jarnold, just go into the mail app, make sure you have enabled IMAP in all your gmail accounts, then in the app add a new account. Put your gmail address and password, and it will work, also you can add as many as you want.

6. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

Yeah the HTC Mail app can handle gmail accounts, and as many as necessary, as well as any other account that supports IMAP/POP.