multiple instance of contacts

Last Updated:

1. steelcitydroid

steelcitydroid Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been discussed but I haven't found an answer yet.

My question is why when I look at a contact n go to edit, why is there many "google contact" instances all for the same contact. Like it has their name numbers n email then keeps scrolling and has multiple per contact. Why is that and can I do away with them..kinda bothers me!

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Stolz25

Stolz25 Well-Known Member

I noticed a lot of duplicates too. I went into my google contacts on gmail and had it find the duplicates, then deleted them. That got rid of most of them, the rest I manually deleted. It seems to me that the phone uses e-mail addresses to sink everything up, and in some cases I had contacts that had sent me e-mails from a few different e-mail addresses that I didn't sink together.

Also, my parents had the same e-mail in my contact list, and it kept adding both sets of phone numbers to both contacts until I deleted the e-mail address off one of them. And I have one friend who's facebook info doesn't update because his girlfriend signed up him with her e-mail address instead of his. Basically, if you are having issues with contacts, my experience has been that the e-mail is the key (of course I've only had my phone for 3 days so my experience is pretty limited).

3. Shmooze

Shmooze New Member

Same, contacts are listed as much as four times a piece in some places.

4. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Well I know that one reason that this happens is because of Facebook sync. It syncs the number listed on their Facebook as well as the actual contact info. A lot of my friends have stupid things listed in their Facebook numbers like "telephone" or "ask me" and that's how I realized it because I found myself texting the wrong numbers