• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help multiple issues, youtube, voicemail, other apps won't start

jowen001

Lurker
Feb 22, 2012
MY hero recently rebooted itself, and when it did, all of my home screen was blank, it cleared all my phone numbers, and erased my voicemails. Since then, I have reset everything back the way I like it; however, youtube will not work, and my voicemail app does the exact same thing. For either one, when I choose the app, it will load up and the gray bar at the top of the screen appears and says "youtube" or "voicemail", but in a few seconds, the app quits and goes to the home screen and there are no error messages. I have not received any voicemails since this happened, and have to call to get them, although it took me a month to figure this out and who knows how many messages I had missed.

So I have switched vmail to google, but I want to watch my youtube videos.

Also, it seems there is always a network error with Sprint TV since this happened. There are a lot of good shows to watch and I like to use that.

Any takers here? I could use the help.

Not to be funny, but after this "reset" of your handset did you try a true factory reset? Maybe that will clear things up and get them back to default.

As for the YouTube issue, you are not the first person that I have heard who has experienced issues with it when trying to launch it. In the meantime you could use the mobile YouTube site found here: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. . I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones