1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Keyboard app?

Last Updated:

1. Nixxi

Nixxi Member This Topic's Starter

I need to type in both Swedish and English and the one thing I miss from my "other" phone is the easy switch of the keyboards while texting. I could text in both languages just by touching a button. With the Galaxy I have to go out of sms, go into settings and change the typing language. Is there an application or an installation to have multiple keyboards? Granted I could just type in English with the Swedish keyboard but then the spell check is in Swedish :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

Check this out.

3. Nixxi

That is good, but I really want something that changes just the keyboard language while I am using it. It is a setting in the iphone (Settings and go to General → Keyboard → International Keyboards) and you can pick which keyboards you use then, while you are using the keyboard for whatever, you can just switch between them by hitting a global key on the keyboard. Hidden feature in your iPhone keyboard | Mactoids for Apple Macintosh

4. Nixxi

I think I found one. SwiftKey Keyboard. Will test it.

-----
    ugh that was a no no!

Smart Keyboard Pro is the winner!

5. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

also, if you have multiple keyboards installed, if you long press in the test field that you are typing in, a pop up apears to ask what input method to use, you can then switch keyboards mid typing.

6. Nixxi

This one just has a button on the keyboard to switch, which is what I wanted. I tend to mix my languages as I am typing. Pressing and holding will slow me down:)