Multiple Nandroids

Last Updated:

1. xFlawless11x

xFlawless11x Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 20, 2010
    Hey guys, So with all these nice Inc roms coming out recently I've started to amass some nandroids. Some from the beginning with complete stock+root, some right before I flashed a rom, and some after I installed a rom. My main problem is I have a general idea which are which but I'm not completely sure. (I always know which 1 is my first with only stock+su & which one is my favorite build to go back to)

I have three main questions:

1) Can you rename nandroids and not mess anything up? Or no?

2) I've read things about an android emulator but I'm not sure whether it would be able to run a nandroid and see what it looked like? Slightly behind on the whole android emulator scene. :rolleyes:

3) I've also debated storing nandroids on my computer under folders which have names to specify which are which? Is this the best solution?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions you guys can give.

2. klownin5643

klownin5643 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    if you rename them you might get a cm5 error when you try and load it. i know i did, so its probly better not to.
    i know nothing about a emulator.
    your 3rd point is not a bad idea. maybe just one folder with your backups in sub folders. would be a good way to organize them if you want to keep that many.
  3. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    You can rename them in rom manager. I have mine for Froyo (which still sucks on our phone) and Stock, Stock with overlocking, and a couple other backups in between.