Multiple Phone Lines?

Last Updated:

1. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, have a question. May be stupid but bear with me.

Is it possible to have two Verizon Wireless Phone accounts on the same phone? My Droid is my personal phone, however I just started a new job and I'm waiting for my corporate phone. I had my IT guys sync our Exchange calendar and email to my Droid (they couldn't get it to work with K9 mail, only the stock mail app BTW) and I'm wondering if the above was possible? Seems like it wouldn't really work but who knows.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mp3ster

mp3ster Active Member

the short answer is no.

The long answer is yes.
    If you clones the esn, you probably could, but it would be iffy, and probably wouldn't work well.

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

agreed you might be able to get it to "work" but it wouldnt be very usable.

4. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

You can forward one phone number to the other phone. My cubemate has his work cell (dumbphone) forwarded to his personal cell (HTC Hero). The only problem is that text messages don't forward.

5. mp3ster

mp3ster Active Member

another option is just to use google voice, it forwards and does some really cools stuff.
    Im sure the issue is really monetary rather than convenience. And verizon would probably catch on rather quickly, using data on 2 phones from 2 different towers... sounds like some 2600 shit going on here!