Multiple phones per line.

Last Updated:

1. armado159

armado159 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I've had my Droid for about a month, and am interested in getting a N1 on Verizon. If I buy a N1 without a plan, could I activate it on my current number? If so, could I reactivate my droid laterback to that number and just switch service between the two whenever?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Assuming a cdma n1 does come out, then yes. Its called esn swap. If you had sprint, you could do it yourself instead of calling the company.

3. armado159

I looked up how to do it online. It seems pretty easy, but does it cost anything? And is there a limit concerning how many times you can switch?
    thanks.

4. April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79 Well-Known Member

If it's like Sprint, there is no charge to activate one online, and no limit to how many times you can swap. We had a guy that every Friday afternoon would chat in to activate his "fun" phone (Pre), then on Monday morning would be back in to activate his "work" phone (Blackberry). That went on for about 4 months, until he got his Hero. :)

5. MinConst

MinConst Well-Known Member

Give Verizon a call and ask. No better place to get the answer from.

6. jr313

jr313 Well-Known Member

U can switch between both phones as u please theres no limits i do it all the time with my droid and droid eris u can do so without even calling in to verizon just dial *228 from the phone and follow the directions they ask for the 10 digit phone # ur activating and your last 4 of ur social and it gets programmed over the air its really easy....

tbguy likes this.
  7. armado159

Cool. Thanks for the help everyone.