Multiple Phones

Last Updated:

1. rainbowtod

rainbowtod Member This Topic's Starter

Some of you seem to have more than one phone, and I cannot understand why.
    Dont u have to pay something like 2-300 a month then?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Not necessarily. Most carrier have family plans, which only add an extra 15-30 bucks a month for each additional line.

3. Noir

Noir New Member

Not to mention work related phones. And those are free :p

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Some users of more than one device don't have them all activated. They'll acquire a free or very cheap Android phone, activate it and allow their other phone to be de-activated but still use it for non-data things, such as games, etc.

I'm doing that with my rooted Eris as my Fascinate was my upgrade.

5. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Yeah one work and one personal here. I don't want junk txts while at work, and I don't want work emails buzzing every 3 minutes when I'm not there.

6. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

Also, if you are using GSM you can have as many phones as you want with just one sim card.

7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

You can have as many inactive CDMA phones as you want as well. It's just not quite as convenient as swapping the SIM card.

8. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I have work line (t-mobile) and personal line (sprint). For personal line I have Evo and Epic. I want to try and use both phones so I just switch the ESN whenever I want. Comes in handy to have a backup phone as well since I depend on my Android phone so much.

With t-mobile I can swap sim card out but t-mobile's mandatory android plans are putting a crimp on this plan...may have to stick to jailbroken / unlocked iPhone and BB only for now.

9. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what I meant. With GSM you can just pop in the SIM, no need to call the carrier, or register on the network.

10. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

My Droid 1 isnt activated, my X is. I still play games on Droid 1, I need to find a GPS app to use it as a stand alone GPS unit. Put the maps on the sd card and go from there.

11. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I recently got my dad's old beat up, junk f#$kin' Moment because I got him an Epic for his early X-mas gift.

It ain't activated, and I only use it for entertainment (flashing roms, theming, emulators, basic 2D games) purposes.

12. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

VZW has made it pretty easy now, *228, 1 phone number and bam, don't even have to pull the back off the phone. I switch to junker phones when I think the inc might be at risk.

13. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

I have 3 personal (Mytouch 1.2, behold 2 and HD2) phones

The Behold 2, I won during the giveaway so it was free. I eventually gave this phone to my wife who isn't really in the "know" of Android and doesn't know the difference between 1.6 or 2.1. As long as pandora plays, she's happy. The HD2 I got free during the Dad's day all phones free day. I swithced over from a single account and added my wife. She gets the Behold 2 and I get the HD2 that came with the new line. Win win situation for everybody. The MT3G 1.2 I actually paid for. I got it the day it came out to replace the Behold II because it sucked so bad. Now I just sim card swap between phones and I'll probably end up buying another phone next year. One of the new tegra 2 phones if they come to T-Mobile, or maybe even the HD7, I dunno.