Multiple Profiles As Condition To Execute Task?

1. PeteCress

PeteCress Well-Known Member

Yet Another Noob Question....

I'm trying to work through the Beginner's Guide and, right away, have stumped myself.

I want to create an "OnTheRoad" task which sets the device as I would want it when away from the house. e.g. Max the screen brightness, max the ringtone, ans so-forth.

In Profiles, I created a State | Net | Wifi Connected item that points to my router and then negated it and associated it with the "OnTheRoad" task.

So far, so good...

But, in addition to the router, the house also has two WAPs.

So I added two more profile items as above, but pointing to each of the WAPs and associated them with "OnTheRoad"; so now there are three State | Net | Wifi Connected (NOT) profile items associated with "OnTheRoad".

The Question:

Is there an implicit "AND" between these items. e.g. Router not connected AND Kitchen WAP not connected AND Garden Shed WAP not connected?

Or am I trying to fool Mother Nature?

FWIW, just for sanity checking, I added a PopUp notification to the end of OnTheRoad and it really does throw the popup when tested. But even if I turn off two of the three profile items - so there is only one profile item active - when I turn WiFi off, the task does not seem to execute.

Advertisement
  2. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

Yes, the multiple contexts within a given profile are effectively connected with logical "AND"
  3. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

If you want to be considered "on the road" when you're not near ANY of the three wireless networks, you can do this with a single context. Just use:

Wifi Connected SSID:router/kitchen wap/garden shed wap Invert:Yes

This uses Tasker's pattern matching to match the connected SSID against router or kitchen wap or garden shed wap, so if you're connected to ANY of those networksk, the context will be true if you haven't checked the invert option. Conversely, by checking the invert option, you're making the context true only if you're not connected to ANY of those networks.