• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple Questions - HTC Incredible

Stockmoose16

Apr 29, 2010
Hi,

I'm new to Android, coming over from BB, so please forgive me if I ask some stupid questions below. I need some assistance on a few things:

1) I have the HTC Incredible with Sense UI, but I notice that when contacts IM me in gchat, the IM isn't linked the Sense UI message panels for that particular person. For example, if John Smith IMs me in Gchat, and I go under People-->John Smith, I don't see that IM. I have to go directly to the Talk app. Is there any way to fix this so that all chats, sms, etc are linked under John Smith's name?

2) Some of my contacts have been autolinked to Facebook, but I notice that - even though the Facebook picture is already linked - the contact page asks if I want to "link to facebook." I've also noticed there are two facebooks, HTC Sense and regular. Is this why I'm getting this message? Why would I need to link it twice?

3) Is there any way to get a combined email box where all emails (Exchange, Gmail) and SMSs come into one inbox, without having to toggle between accounts. I'm used to this on my BB and find it much more efficient.

4) Is there any way to change the vibration pattern for phone, sms, email, etc? On my BB, without even looking, I always knew if I was getting a call vs an email vs an sms because of the vibration pattern.

Hi,

I'm new to Android, coming over from BB, so please forgive me if I ask some stupid questions below. I need some assistance on a few things:

1) I have the HTC Incredible with Sense UI, but I notice that when contacts IM me in gchat, the IM isn't linked the Sense UI message panels for that particular person. For example, if John Smith IMs me in Gchat, and I go under People-->John Smith, I don't see that IM. I have to go directly to the Talk app. Is there any way to fix this so that all chats, sms, etc are linked under John Smith's name?

2) Some of my contacts have been autolinked to Facebook, but I notice that - even though the Facebook picture is already linked - the contact page asks if I want to "link to facebook." I've also noticed there are two facebooks, HTC Sense and regular. Is this why I'm getting this message? Why would I need to link it twice?

3) Is there any way to get a combined email box where all emails (Exchange, Gmail) and SMSs come into one inbox, without having to toggle between accounts. I'm used to this on my BB and find it much more efficient.

4) Is there any way to change the vibration pattern for phone, sms, email, etc? On my BB, without even looking, I always knew if I was getting a call vs an email vs an sms because of the vibration pattern.
1. IM's don't integrate with the SenseUI contact app.
2. I don't know
3. Stock Android 2.1 has an email app that lets you display all emails in one list but SenseUI has the little toggle thing
4. There's probably an app for that ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones