• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple search widget?

punky

Apr 5, 2010
London, UK
Does anyone know of a widget that will let me choose a search site and then launch a browser page to it?

I.e. what I am thinking is a 4x1 (4 columns, 1 row) with one of those spinner dials on the left with Google, Google Maps, Wiki, Dictionary, etc and then a text box spanning the rest with an enter button. You spin the dial to the site, put the query in and the enter button launches the browser to the site with the query string.

I've used searchify which sort of does it but its not a widget. It uses the top the top search which means the searchify options are at the bottom and you often need to click the link at the bottom to show the searchify options and then click the link. Its a bit of a faff. Plus you have to type the keyword as well

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones