Multiple Text Messages! Help!Support

1. Zenaida

Zenaida New Member

I have downloaded & uninstalled mulitple SMS applicatons and now am using the stock SMS. I recieve the same message 3-4 times. It is beyond annoying to recieve the same thing so many times. Is there anyway to fix this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. melo1819

melo1819 Member

Do you have cricket?
    This is how i fixed mine,
    I rooted, installed CWM and installed the icarusMOD.
    Ever since I installed it, i haven't gotten any duplicates.
    I use to get like 5 duplicates per message. But now, i dont. :)
  3. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

I have Icarus 1.1, I still get multiples. Honestly it's just about the person who is sending it to you sometimes. If they send multiples, you get multiples. It's really as simple as that. I get less now though because of the third party app I am using, Handcent.
  4. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

I use handcent with no problems.
    Got doubles once or twice but it was senders fault.

From my XP the more redundant apps you have the more problems.
    At one point i had six launchers, three sms/mms apps, two calculators, four camera apps and three browsers.
    Too much for my poor phone. Kept getting fc's.
  5. UOFLcards

UOFLcards Well-Known Member

Does anyone on Cricket other than me recieve text msgs from a number like 40404 or something like that? I get them from that number alot. Texts talk about the problems in Japan and stuff like that. Anyway to block these texts?
  6. CRUMBsnatcher

CRUMBsnatcher Well-Known Member

Isn't 40404 the twitter number? I have no clue. But I also get multiple messages from cricket. It's just from cricket though. Like 'activate a new line for only $15' or something like that.
  7. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

I haven't got a single Metro message since I installed Icarus 1.1. I don't know if that's a bad thing or not but, It is not affecting my service or any of functions. So..*Shrugs*
  8. yasin810

yasin810 Member

I have cricket service and it's funny cause the first few days I had the phone I didnt receive any duplicates, than about a week later I would get 4 and 5 of the same message every single time. I use only the stock mssgr so its not caused by an add on. But I tried everything with no resolution. Than out of the blue,it just stopped on it's own. I still receive duplicates but its no where near as often as before. Maybe only about 8 or 9 a day. And I was getting 20 times that.
  9. reggjoo

reggjoo Well-Known Member

Third party apps work off of the stock messenger's software, even if you turn off the notifications in the stock messenger's app, sometimes you will still get duplicates. Some apps are better at preventing this, I use chompSMS, it works better at MMS than handcent, but it's not infallable either. One more point, some carriers are bad with text. Cricket has a known problem with text, I can only guess that they use multiple carriers.
  10. reggjoo

reggjoo Well-Known Member

chompSMS started acting up, just like handcent, even after turning off everything in the stock app, I even adjusted all the settings in chomp, decided I don't need the aggravation anymore, and went back to the stock app. chomp worked for a while though.
  11. UFC210

UFC210 Member

Just download anti SMS bomber and you are set !! free on app market.
  12. Swagg422

Swagg422 Well-Known Member

The proble i've seen on metro is an app problem its when the phones says message not sent and u send it again they end up getting it 2 or 3 times. And another problem is messages that the phones says are sent but the person never gets it. Id say its almost same problem with cricket the only difference is that its all over the metropcs network atm(they say they're fixing it for the past year) and only in certain spots in the cricket network.
  13. Hazardous Pink

Hazardous Pink New Member

Same here.. I'm glad I don't get those anymore, they get so annoying.
  14. efeigenbaum

efeigenbaum Well-Known Member

I just started getting duplicate and triplicate messages a couple of days ago. I'm rooted but not running CM or Icarus. I'm using SMS Popup. How can I fix this?
  15. NorCaL28

NorCaL28 Member

I've had my Ascend since November through Cricket Wireless, Texting has been a problem for me since day one, but for me I get the occasional double text sometimes...that doesn't really bother me, but when I send a text, the person I send it to recieves it like 4-5 times, Thats really annoying, dont know if its the phone or a network issue...but whatever rom I'm on or sms app I use It's still the same.
  16. RunicMourning

RunicMourning Active Member

It's a network Issue. My sister had the Samsung Messenger and the same problem. It wasn't only when she texted me. She had problems when testing my mother and other sister (both on Verizon).
  17. Megamen

Megamen New Member

Any of you know how to fix the problem where zte sends multiple of the same txt to your contact your texting?
    Please help!