Multiple Troubles

Last Updated:

1. Veregund

Veregund Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I just recently rooted my phone in an attempt to install the new Froyo ROM. I installed ROM Manager, and created the ClockWordMod flash (there is now a "Clockworkmod" folder in my SD card. I downloaded the Froyo ROM file, but I would first like to backup my current stuff. So, I selected the "Backup Current ROM" option in the ROM Manager application, but it simply reboots my phone, without any apparent backup being created.

I tried to reboot in recovery mode to see if I can make a backup from there, but for some reason its not letting me into recovery mode (I've been in recovery mode plenty of times, but for some reason it's not working this time - holding 'X' while powering the phone on).

I even tried to skip the backup part and go ahead and install the ROM via ROM Manager by finding it on my SD Card, but that also just reboots my phone with no changes made. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member

3. Veregund

Veregund Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the post, but none of these options are going to work. I cannot switch flashs because the progress bar within ROM Manager freezes when I try. Also, I cannot enter anything into Terminal because Terminal forces me to close it upon opening it.

For some reason, booting into recovery works now, but I keep getting an error when trying to do a nandroid backup. I also can't do a clean data format. Any suggestions?

4. proginski

proginski Active Member

I would try flashing back to sprecovery and then try clockwork again. Worked for me when I was have screwy backup issues...Phil