• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiple widgets in same place after Froyo

incredible x4

Aug 20, 2010
So after having used my incredible for a whole day on Froyo, I noticed that I keep getting multiples of the same widgets stacking on top of each other. The only widgets I've seen do this are the 2x1 HTC clock widget and the 2x1 HTC weather widget. Its like instead of the widget updating, it just opens it again and stacks it in the same place. It happens all the time with the clock widget because it updates whenever I go to the screen it is on. It doesn't happen with the weather widget so much because I don't have that setup to auto update.
Now when I do see them stacked I can long press on the widget, select it, and remove it, leaving the widget underneath there. But when I touch the widget to open it after I removed the duplicate, it won't open causing me to reboot my phone. After I reboot, the widget is completely gone and I have to add it again. I was wondering if anybody is having this same problem.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones