Multiplication of Message RecipiantsSupport

Last Updated:

1. MikeAshelby

MikeAshelby Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm having a bit of an odd problem with my g1, and I wonder if anyone finds a similar thing. I can't find evidence of it, but I wonder if people use the messaging in a different way and as such bypass the problem... lets see.

Basically, when I want to type a new message, I go to messaging, and type the recipiant name, and then begin to type the message. To me this seems most logical. I can do it via contacts, and send sms, but it doesn't seem the most direct way of going about things. Anyway, the problem is this: if I type the name of someone to whom I've sent messages both directly, and as part of a group, it puts their name in the to field twice, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

So, for example, I have a band. I text them individually, and from time to time, all together. Now, if I try to write a 'new message', and put their one of their names in, it puts it in twice. This is particularly frustrating, as some of them might be in another group, so I may wish to type their name, along with others into the 'to' field , but their name duplicates, and they receive the message twice.

My question then is: does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone duplicate the problem?

It's not an issue if I just go to their conversation, and reply there, but that's not ideal.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

Advertisement
  2. rrt

rrt New Member

I had exactly this problem and after a lot of experimentation came to the same conclusion: it appears to be a bug (since the update from the other day, I think), and the obvious workaround is indeed to enter the name in Contacts rather than Messaging.

3. MikeAshelby

MikeAshelby Member This Topic's Starter

Does this not seem an absurd bug to anyone else?

Some others have mentioned that the handling of multiple recipient messages doesn't make sense (having a new thread with the messages you sent to those people in it, but not their replies!). Rather, when an sms is sent to multiple contacts, the message should be added to each of their conversations...

This would probably fix this absurd, and irritating bug.

My one bugbear with my G1... And such a silly one!

Mike