multiscreen app?

1. pizzalover101

pizzalover101 Member

I have a kindle fire and use it mostly for school and home use. I was watching a commercial for the samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and they advertised a multiscreen app where users could have Internet and a document open at the same time. Is there an app similar to this idea on the amazon market or an apk file?

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Its not an app AFAIK. Its an actual firmware level forcing of the app to use only half the screen. Which basically means its a Samsung TouchWiz thing and cannot be done using just an app but a whole new ROM. I could be mistaken, but I think not, since an app able to do that is basically doing things which I don't think Android allows at the app level: tinkering with the workings of other apps. The multi-window viewing can only also be done on stock Samsung apps.
  3. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Well-Known Member

Sounds like the commercial you watched was for the recently released
    Galaxy Note 10.1.
    I saw a video for this new tablet and it showed just what you're describing.
    From what I saw in that video, the Note 10.1 looks to be VERYcool.
  4. That is exactly my understanding.

Which limits this feature's usefulness enormously of course.
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Yeah, but since it was found that this can be done, I don't doubt that in the future it can be made to work for all apps. Otherwise Windows 8 tablets is gonna make a killing from power users who needs tablets as laptop replacements, not simply media consumption devices.
  6. xoloindia

xoloindia New Member

Wonder full apps. Now a days this apps are found max mobiles like Samsung,Lg and Nokia etc.
  7. pizzalover101

pizzalover101 Member

Thank you! I wasn't sure, and I do hope in the future that this is a reality.
  8. At that point, combined with a 512GB SSD (Samsung is producing 128GB SSDs as we speak!), an 8 core CPU/GPU, and a 12" screen I will possibly make the switch and have it replace my MacBook Pro.