MultiscreenSupport

Last Updated: 2014-03-10 14:13:59
  1. billyc33

billyc33 New Member

I hve the note 10.1 but the multiscreen option is missing from the top tool bar in S Note etc
    I tried a retore to factory settings but its still missing
    can anyone advise me how to correct this problem please

Billy

Advertisement
  2. JohnB47

JohnB47 Well-Known Member

What software version do you have? Multi screen was very limited prior to 4.1.1.
  3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Use the bottom bar to open apps in multiscreen. In the bar you also have two options for the dual-view and multiscreen.
  4. JohnB47

Yes he can do that but he should also see the multiscreen icon in the top toolbar in s note when he opens that app from the main screen.
  5. billyc33

billyc33 New Member

Thanks Guys

I am using the software 4.1.2
    When I open the apps in the bottom bar i only have cascade screen or dual screen

When I open S-Note the icon is missing from the top tool bar , It was there before so not sure what has happened

Thanks again
    Billyc33
  6. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

is there an edit prompt?
    billyc33 likes this.
  7. billyc33

billyc33 New Member

yes there is an edit button
  8. billyc33

billyc33 New Member

SO whats the next step ,?
  9. RonJohnson4164

RonJohnson4164 Active Member

Are you sure? It's the soft button that looks exactly like the recent apps button on the tolls on the bottom.
  10. Rickeveru

Rickeveru New Member

From what I'd reading, seems that the latest upgrade removed the button on top. You have to switch to dual screen at the bottom and then just open any of the multiscreen compatible apps. Then you minimize the app and will see both in multiscreen mode.
  11. 13ilgal

13ilgal Well-Known Member

Nope. On my Note, my buttons, in order, are Search, Trash + (add new notebook), Options (three horizontal lines) and the stacked windows of Multiscreen. This is when I am viewing my collections of notebooks.

When an S Note doc is open, I see various other tools, but the MultiScreen icon is always at the far right. I think it should be there as the OP is recalling.

12. RonJohnson4164

RonJohnson4164 Active Member

That's what I was trying to tell him. It looks like the recent apps tool on the bottom of the screen. Did you get my messave on the other forum?
  13. 13ilgal

13ilgal Well-Known Member

Ron - yes, I did, and I sent you a return PM over there.

14. JohnB47

I agree with you. But there seems to be some confusion among others.
  15. mpearson1968

mpearson1968 New Member

The button described above was removed on the European release of Jellybean 4.1.1

The same function can be acheived using the options on the left side of the bottom taskbar.:)
  16. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR Active Member

I am just wondering why the upgrade to 4.2.1 didn't come with more multi'view apps? I only have the original 7, even though there are supposed to be 15 or 16?
    When I hit the edit button there are no more choices.
    Some other apps work, including s-note and the built in browser, but they are not available in the lower drawer?
  17. asot77

asot77 Member

Depends what you have installed on your tablet. Apart from the Sam and google apps there's a few third party apps that seem to support it. I have:
    Alarm
    Calculator
    ChatOn
    Chrome
    Color Note
    Contacts
    Email
    Gallery
    Gmail
    Internet
    Maps
    Music player
    My files
    Polaris Office
    S note
    S planner
    Talk
    Twitter
    Video player
    World clock
    Youtube
  18. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR Active Member

I have the first ones you listed down to gallery, except for colornote. But others on that list are installed on my note. I have browser and you tube at the very least, and they do work in dual view. But they are not in the pop-up under the arrow at the bottom, or after clicking edit?

19. asot77

asot77 Member

If you have a verizon one, i'm guessing it's the branded firmware
  20. Shave

Shave Well-Known Member

What you SHOULD do is screenshot an App you know should have it and upload it.
  21. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR Active Member

Mine is not a Verizon model, it came from Best Buy infact. WIFI only, originally ICS
    updated over the air a few weeks later.
  22. prads

prads New Member

Hi Billy,

were you able to solve the issue of missing multiscreen option? If so please put me wise too. I have the similar issue.

Regards
    prads