Multitasking

Last Updated:

1. marshall518

marshall518 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Why do I have such a problem multitasking on the hero? Is there a tutorial on this? Every time I jump out of the web browser to my home page, then back to web browser I have to start all over again. I

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Press and hold the home button and go to the app that you want (of the last 6 used)

3. marshall518

Will that take me back to the same web page?

4. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Yes, it does. If you're opening the browser up and it's going back to the start-up page, that means you closed the browser by hitting the back button, or it was closed due to resources.

If you use the HOLD MENU option, it should open back to the previous page more consistently.

Good luck.

NYCHitman1 and marshall518 like this.
  5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Yes, just don't hit the back button!

marshall518 likes this.
  6. marshall518

Wow it was something that easy. Still learning something new about this phone every day! Thanks Guys!

7. spaziod

spaziod Active Member

Even so it does not seem to truly multitask like the blackberry. For example... I cannot stream media and surf web at same time.... something the bb excelled at... is there a way to force single tasking to save resources?

8. regression

regression Well-Known Member

I just tested this and it works for me. I started up my Slacker app and started listening to music. Then I hit the home key and opened the stock browser. I was able to get to webpages.....

What steps are you going through to play music and surf at the same time?

9. nbenn06

nbenn06 Member

I believe just do not hit the back button. Use the home key. The blackberry the back button did not close the app. For the hero the back button closes the app. I went from the blackberry curve 8330 to the hero and it takes a couple days getting use to.

10. bbrosen

bbrosen Well-Known Member

Same here but i used an iphone and could multitask very well, music stream and web Browse and navigation too, in any combination, my hero cannot it just dies on the spot. Any ideas? Been working on this problem for about 3 months.

11. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

try using wifi. other than that i think it has something to do with are network. I can make a call and surf the web on wifi. so try that.

toomuchgame441 likes this.
  12. spaziod

spaziod Active Member

Google labs listen and web did not work....but is now...listening while surfing....maybe Google updated? Thx!

13. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Whoooooaaa... really? This I have to try.

14. smi77y

smi77y Member

I'm curious about this subject too. I just switched from the pre, and I listen to podcasts via clicking "download" links in a web browser, then it proceeds to open the video player. But if I try to go to the home page or turn off the screen, the audio pauses and stops. Is there no way to multitask audio streams in this manner? This is one thing I use a lot at work and it would be nice to just have it play audio through the browser or some other way so I can multitask. Thanks in advance.

15. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

Why don't you just use Google Listen...

16. smi77y

smi77y Member

I'll check into that. Thank you.

17. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

How were you streaming music and browsing at the same time on an iPhone? Unless you meant you were playing music with the stock music player.

18. smi77y

smi77y Member

The google listen will work for some things. But I listen to not so popular podcasts that can only be accessed via the webpage. Any other ideas? Or is this something I'll have to deal with?

19. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

You can enter the feed address into Google reader (on your pc) and create a subscription for it. One subscribed make it a "Listen Subscription" and Google will sync it to your phone (takes a couple seconds)

20. spaziod

spaziod Active Member

was just now streaming "through the web browser" and as soon as changed to another app it stops.... when streaming with listen... I can do anything else on the machine... guess just did not know that could not stream through browser AND do other things.. my bad...

21. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

LOL! I had no idea by holding the HOME button a window popped up for the 6 most recent apps open. +1!

22. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

There are many menu surprises in the Hero. Long press often and even try the menu too, there are options here and there that go a long way to flavorizing the Hero.

lol...