Multitouch Droid

1. FlipDroid

FlipDroid Active Member

so I have noticed that there is now a way to put the Milestone firmware onto the Droid to enable the multitouch feature only available in Europe.

I was wondering if anyone attempted the firmware update and had no problems with the transition?

Advertisement
  2. jmccarthy14

jmccarthy14 Well-Known Member

Are you sure the ROM has been released? Last I saw it was 'coming before christmas.' But like I said that's the last I saw, so I'm honestly asking.
  3. jmccarthy14

You had me going. I checked earlier today I thought I'd missed something. Nah, the Milestone ROM isn't officially released yet, and eu has locked the thread over there until it is.
  4. ICANSEEYOU7687

ICANSEEYOU7687 Active Member

I think its almost done. There are a couple people over at all droid who seem to have a handle on it....and said that he was giving it out to a few select beta testers to make sure its ok...

Namely sirphyscos, who is responsible for the amazing recovery image out now
  5. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

yeahhh...but then I would have to put up with obnoxious and annoying spelling of certain words... :D

/s
  6. jmccarthy14

I might do it for multi-touch keyboard. Since there already is a gallery and browser, and the lack of the mt 'board realllllly slows an iPhone vet down ).

But then again, maybe I shouldn't. Then I may never open the keyboard, and if I never use that, why own a droid instead of anything coming out next month...
    Don't have any regrets so far and weird that a ROM could give me one ).
  7. BottledHate

BottledHate Well-Known Member

could you guys link to your sources? i'm interested to read more! thanks :D
  8. jmccarthy14

This rom has my interest more now anyway.
  9. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

Me wants Sense UI 2.1
  10. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

11. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Cracks me up how we always want "that other thing".
  12. ICANSEEYOU7687

13. Fadelight

14. FlipDroid

FlipDroid Active Member

So based on what I've read so far there isn't a stable non alpha or beta version yet
  15. jmccarthy14

That's the port we were talking about. If you check the timestamps on my post and when the Alpha was posted (including timezone), it was after ;).

But thanks for the update, I'll look into it a bit.

Though I don't really see the point without multi-touch keyboard. The browser is nice but there is already an MT gallery on the market, and this ROM disables GPS.
  16. Fadelight

lol you sound like you are assuming my post was an argument.
  17. iamkewl

iamkewl Well-Known Member

I flashed it but it's really slow and buggy. Already back to 2.01.

<3 nandroid
  18. jmccarthy14

Ah. Just assumed with you quoting me saying 'it hasn't been released' and you saying 'it has.' Wanted to make clear I didn't post without looking in to it first heh. I try not to post misinformation intentionally.
  19. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Gimme the 2.1 update from the Milestone on the Droid w/everything working, and then I'll think about rooting... :D
  20. FlipDroid

FlipDroid Active Member

The 2.1 has been successfully ported but it doesn't support multitouch.
  21. Fadelight

Yes it does. So did 2.0 and 2.0.1. Just because the browser and other default apps don't have multitouch doesn't mean the rom or the phone don't support it. This has been covered a hundered times already in other threads. I really wish people would stop saying stuff like this... it confuses people who are looking for information on these phones. It is called misinformation.

I have Dolphin running on 2.1 right now, and guess what... I have pinch zoom.
  22. krazykrivda

krazykrivda Well-Known Member

agreed!
  23. FlipDroid

FlipDroid Active Member

When I said no multitouch I meant natively on all the apps. I'm aware the phone supports it. I use dolphin as well but it isn't that good, I would rather the stock browser support it.
  24. ICANSEEYOU7687

Dont know if people here know this or not, but a couple guys over at alldroid.org have a rom up with full multi touch support (the browser and gallery it seems) its open for anyone to beta test, and from wut it seems its working great
  25. barcodelinux

barcodelinux Member

Thank you. I have said the same thing but alas, few people seem to listen. The hardware supports it, market apps support it, its the stock software that doesn't.