Multitouch keyboard

Last Updated:

1. metric152

metric152 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Did Acer roll their own keyboard or does it use the stock Android model?

Advertisement
  2. acreda1234

acreda1234 Member

I will be getting mine on Wednesday so i will let you know, from the video's it seems stock but I will be subbing it with the HTC keyboard which you can do without rooting it

3. metric152

Have you seen a tutorial around that shows how to replace the stock keyboard without rooting? That would have been nice to try with the Droid. I hated their software keyboard.

4. Lancewood

Lancewood Active Member

You can download other keyboards from the market

5. metric152

The only keyboard I found was "Better Keyboard". I couldn't figure out if it was multitouch. It seemed like the only advantage was the ability to skin it.

6. 00sully

00sully Member

I installed the HTC keyboard on mine and it worked nicely in fairness - however, when I returned to the main screen or contact list - the bottom half of the phone screen was blank. I had to disable the HTC keyboard to get it back.

the stock keyboard is from Android 1.6 - Mine doesn't autocomplete - it's as if there are no words present in the dictionary for some reason. when I add words "user defined words" it works ok but I don't want to have to manually add every word in the english dictionary! I mean it should suggest common words such as "hello" when I start to type "he" as it did on a samsung android I used to use. Annoying to say the least :(

Anyone encountering this problem? Pity the HTC keyboard messes up the screen too :(

7. mohangkumar

mohangkumar Member

it will available in the market now, with latest technology.

8. n1tro

n1tro Active Member

Get the fixed HTC keyboard for android 1.6 and it works fine. Once in awhile I get the glitch in dolphin browser but it goes away when you launch the default browser.