multitouch or not?

Last Updated:

1. musacci

musacci New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and to the smartphones world so maybe my question is dumb, I couldn't find help on google or the search button so I thought I'd might give it a try.

Htc Hero is supposed to be a multi touch device, you can pinch to zoom in browser and in photo viewer, the thing that I can't understand is why all other applications don't support multitouch.

For example I downloaded snesoid and nesoid and there is written in the options that my firmware (1.5) doesnt' support multitouch, making it impossible to play games.

So is HTC hero with 1.5 really multitouch or not? And will I be able to use multitouch in emulators and other apps downloaded from the market when the 2.1 will come out?

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Multitouch in gameboid works for me (on 2.1).

Although it doesn't work too well. Using the virtual keypad it's already hard to push left, since it always seems to think I'm pushing down. But when holding B and a direction, it becomes impossible to press left, only up + down.

3. digger

digger Active Member

Not all android phones a multitouch as far as I'm aware, so not all apps will have that functionality built in :)