Multiuser in Jelly BeanGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-12-01 12:35:26
  1. Trinitron

Trinitron Member

Hi,

a question for those that have already upgraded their device to Jelly Bean: does that version of Android provides multiuser experience as seen on the Nexus 10 device?
    If yes, how does it works?

Thank you,

T-

Advertisement
  2. Loren

Loren Well-Known Member

Nexus 10 get 4.2 (with multiuser)
    Note 10.1 is getting 4.1 (without multiuser)
    Trinitron likes this.
  3. Trinitron

Trinitron Member

Thank you Loren for your reply, I thought Nexus 10 run 4.1.
    That sounds like a bad news...
  4. fam

fam Well-Known Member

You probably already know...but the Nexus always have the latest and greatest version thanks to it being a true google device (it can avoid manufacturer\carrier drama and update straight to phone)

For me having the s-pen outweighed the negatives vs the nexus 10.
  5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Did I miss something in the last few hours. Multi view is a Note (phone & tablet) thing. When did the Nexus get it?
  6. fam

fam Well-Known Member

they are talking about multi user not multiview....where you have multiple users on the lockscreen to log in as.
  7. Trinitron

Trinitron Member

And I agree with you.
    Nexus 10 has, among other things, a better display, but I think G-Note would fit my (productivity) needs better.
    I think most users really don't need to share their device with others, but everybody has lots of personal info in his/her tablet.
    I care multiuser because I care my privacy.
    I don't like the idea of my (girl)friend(s) having a look to my sms and emails.

Maybe there is an app that can take care of my privacy concerns.
  8. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

There are apps that will make only some apps available for everyone and will lock everything else with a password.