Music and headsets question

Last Updated:

1. brittas

brittas Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I'm planning on getting a Hero next week when my upgrade comes around. I will use the phone a lot in the car to play music Via an FM transmitter which plugs into the 3.5mm jack.

I also plan to connect a bluetooth headset to the phone to make/answer calls.

Will the Hero cope with this? If the 3.5 jack is connected and sound is coming through the car stereo, will it divert the sound to the bluetooth headset when a call comes in?

Advertisement
  2. brittas

brittas Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone?

3. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

I don't know if it will, I have a bluetooth music headset but I don't use it in the car as I plug the phone into the car stereo and when a call comes in I answer it and the phone's built-in microphone is more than good enough for the job. I've had a few conversations while driving in a rattly old diesel car and no-one's ever needed me to repeat myself, it's better than my N95 was and that was impressive. One issue is that sometimes the phone thinks the audio jack is a headset with a microphone rather than just a pair of headphones (different icon shown in the notification area) and consequently doesn't turn on the internal microphone so I can hear the caller but the caller can't hear me, but it's easy to spot that when you plug in the 3.5mm plug so just pop it out and back in again.