Music and Memory card usageSupport

1. technophobe65

technophobe65 New Member

I have just bought a 16gb memory card for my phone.
    I have transferred via pc, some albums from my PC onto the Memory card.

Is there anyway that I can have it so it shows in the music icon on my phone? I have trouble trying to find it on my phone itself without going into several different locations, and I just want to be able to click once to access it!

I don't want any music on my phone, but just on the memory card.

Thanks in advance. Please note I am a techno phobe so plain English answers please as I'm a bit blonde!
    :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Supported media files should be detected when the media scanner does its thing, either on restart or whenever the storage volumes are remounted e.g. after connecting to a computer via USB. Regardless of their location they should all be displayed in the Music app.

Go to Settings/Storage and "unmount" then "remount" the external card. Once the media scan has finished see if the music files show up now.
    Dalby likes this.
  3. technophobe65

technophobe65 New Member

Thank you. That works perfectly. Do I have to do this each time that I copy an album over?

:)
  4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

No, the scan will run when you disconnect from the computer and the handset remounts the card. If you've added many files it may take a minute or two for the database to update and for them to show in the app though.
    Dalby likes this.
  5. technophobe65

technophobe65 New Member

Thank you. That works perfectly. Drains the battery quick though. The only negative with the phone I've found so far, apart from fact its complicated! lol.

Thanks for your help.
  6. Dalby

Dalby Active Member

Thank you!! :) I've nearly gone nuts trying to find where the music, photos etc. are that I've transferred via Kies on the Galaxy I just got yesterday.

(I know: RTFM :D )