• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music and ringtone app recommendations please

fambi

Lurker
Apr 21, 2012
Hi everyone,

You will all be pleased to know that I managed to break from the clutches of the evil BlackBerry and am now the proud owner of a HTC OneX. I had actually been on my way to (unwillingly) buy an iPhone and it never crossed my mind that I would buy an HTC. Turns out to have been the best decision I made in a very long time and I'm loving the high levels of customisation I would have never been able to get with an iPhone.

But now I'm a bit stick and need some app recommendation advice from my Android seniors.

App 1: Music Player

One reason I decided to abandon the BlackBerry was because I was sick and tired of carrying around a phone and an iPod. And so I was expecting to use the iPhone's native iPod app. But now I'm on Android and can't figure out what I should use.

For what its worth, I use iTunes on my laptop, though I am willing to abandon it in favour of another app which is more Android-friendly if need be.

App 2: Ringtone Manager

One of the things I really liked on my BlackBerry was the ability to specify different sounds for the different apps. For example:

- Phone call: Alert 1
- WhatsApp: Alert 2
- Email address 1: Alert 3
- Email address 2: Alert 4
- Email address 3: Alert 5
- SMS: Alert 6

And then, depending on the profile, for all of that to change. I have, for example, everything on silent at night except for one email address which is an emergency email address which rings loud and proud despite it being 3am.

But, with Android, it seems I am very limited in this regard. Unless, of course, there is a ringtone manager that gives me this type of control.

So, my question to y'all: is there such an app and, if so, what is it?

Many thanks for your time everyone.

You don't even need anything on your PC. Just connect your phone, open it in My Computer, and paste into it all your music files like it was a plain flash drive.

As for the ringtone manager, not sure if HTC can do it, but a different ringtone for calls, SMS, and each email address can be done on stock Samsung. Heck I can make a different ringtone for every caller.

Upvote 0
For ringtones use Zedge,Free Ringtones, Wallpapers, Alerts.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.zedge.android
5fzN3ic5YXA3FMrh0E5xrpoSYclT8y2-b7AUEfPmCQSTUDLT6m52SskydUNYcRV03kw

Reactions: chris_ann91
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones