Music and Videos are not supported?!

Last Updated:

1. quattro27t

quattro27t New Member This Topic's Starter

I recently updated my phone to 2.2 and like 24 hours later my music player doesn't work or videos of any kind. Whats the deal, because everything was working 12 hours ago. Can someone enlighten me please?

-thanks

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Can you provide more details? Are you getting an error? Does it happen with videos from the camcorder? Or videos you put on from a computer? Does it happen with all music? What phone are you using? How did you update it? Are you rooted? Have you tried a battery pull? Hard reset?

3. quattro27t

quattro27t New Member This Topic's Starter

It says:" Sorry this player does not support this type of audio file" This happens with any audio file. It also says for any video, even ones made from the phone: " Error file cannot be displayed or played". I bought my Droid X early August. I did the system update via system settings on the phone. I uninstalled and installed the battery and it worked afterwards, but I noticed my phone freezes a lot more often. Just now I'm getting the same errors. I'm not exactly sure on what rooted means. Like unlocked? and would a hard reset erase all of my phones data?
    Thanks for your time :)