Music app missing last characterSupport

Last Updated:

1. tuahogary

tuahogary Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I've just updated my SGS to Froyo via the registry hack but I noticed one small problem in the music app. Every last character on the album is missing (e.g. Pearl Jam's "Binaural" displays as "Binaura") I'm not using mp3s but flacs which may be the cause of the problem. I notice in Eclair that the music app does not recognize flac ID3 tags but in Froyo, it recognizes the album art and album name but not the artist. Great, but the missing last letter in every album's name is super annoying. Any help is greatly appreciated :eek:

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Try PowerAmp from theMarket as your music player instead.

3. tuahogary

Thanks. I've heard of Poweramp but I dont intend to install another music player on my phone when Samsung's player plays flac perfectly fine. It's just one minor thing that's really bugging me. I'm not sure whether it's the id3 tag or the player itself that is causing the problem.

4. BookLover

PowerAmp will allow you to change tags, has an adjustable eq, automatically grabs album art, and plays flac and many other formats. Stock player doesn't allow for tag editing, so you'll need an app to do that if you need to edit in the missing letters. It's free for now so take advantage.

5. tuahogary

the album name display fine on my computer using media monkey. does power amp have a lock screen widget? that's pretty important to me as well

6. BookLover

Yes it does.