Music App problem can someone who has used android for a while help?

Last Updated:

1. dkotoric

dkotoric Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK guys I have an evo and just found a problem/bug whatever you want to call it but I have like 5 games installed and they all have some kind of sound clips which are stored in a gameloft folder. In that folder there are over a thousand sound clips for the games that I have downloaded. I also have a music folder with about 150 songs in there. My problem is now when I start my music apps it pics up all the sounds from the game loft folder. Is there any way that I can have my music app only look for music in the Music folder.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Berner

Berner Well-Known Member

Create a blank text file in the game folder named ".nomedia" (note the name starts with a period, and has no extension). Any folder (and any subfolders) that have this file in them will not be scanned by the Music app or the Photos app.

You will need to restart the phone or remount the sd card in order to cause the phone to do a new media scan in order to get the folders out of the media apps now that they are in.

Its not guaranteed to be bug free, but it seems to work fine for me.

Hit "thanks" if it helps.

3. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

Well that helped me, I hated that about the stock music app. I always downloaded one from the market to use that let you specify what folder the music was in.

Thanks

4. wjrandon

wjrandon Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a music player on Android that has a cross-fader or gapless playback? That's the only feature I'm going to miss from Pocket Player on my Windows Mobile device.

5. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Well-Known Member

New to Android, and this is definitely a big help. Thank you !

6. dkotoric

Hmm its not working for me, I must be doing something wrong, can someone post the blank file am I doing something wrong.

7. dkotoric

what app is that.