• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music app to stream to a bluetooth receiver?

Fking

Apr 28, 2010
I'm looking for app than when finds a specific bluetooth device in range automatically to start streaming music to it.
If it has power saving options and voice control or at least to be able to start next song from the volume rocker, even better! :)

I have a Tunelink in my car, which lets me connect to it via bluetooth, and then it plugs into my car's aux in port. On some phones, it will automatically start playing when you crank the car up. It doesn't work on my phone, though. So that doesn't really help you, but it is possible.

I wonder if Tasker could accomplish this?

Upvote 0
I just bought a simple bluetooth receiver with a female audio output on it (cost 10 bucks new on ebay)...plugged that female output to the Cassette Adapter's male input in my car. Basically, this gave my car bluetooth with sound quality better then FM transmitters.

From there, I just setup a profile that activates upon connection to that specific bluetooth device. The profile does the following:

1. Opens my music App (Audiogalaxy)
2. Turns off my WiFi (since I'll be streaming my music via Audiogalaxy and traveling)
3. Begins playing whatever track was previously playing in Audiogalaxy
4. Sets a bunch of variables up all related to the fact that I'm in my car. These variables are related to having Tasker read outloud any incoming texts I get, jump to the next song by waving my hand over proximity sensor, and other stuff similar to that.

So uhh, yes....Tasker can that and plenty more. Pretty sure you could set it up to do things on voice command as well. You will likely have to do some research on that one...and you'll probably need to be clever in how you set it up to be battery efficient.

Upvote 0
I just bought a simple bluetooth receiver with a female audio output on it (cost 10 bucks new on ebay)...plugged that female output to the Cassette Adapter's male input in my car. Basically, this gave my car bluetooth with sound quality better then FM transmitters.

From there, I just setup a profile that activates upon connection to that specific bluetooth device. The profile does the following:

1. Opens my music App (Audiogalaxy)
2. Turns off my WiFi (since I'll be streaming my music via Audiogalaxy and traveling)
3. Begins playing whatever track was previously playing in Audiogalaxy
4. Sets a bunch of variables up all related to the fact that I'm in my car. These variables are related to having Tasker read outloud any incoming texts I get, jump to the next song by waving my hand over proximity sensor, and other stuff similar to that.

So uhh, yes....Tasker can that and plenty more. Pretty sure you could set it up to do things on voice command as well. You will likely have to do some research on that one...and you'll probably need to be clever in how you set it up to be battery efficient.

Very useful post, thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones