• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music app with integrated podcast management?

D

Deleted User

Having a little trouble with my music/podcast management, primarily because of my Bluetooth connections. I have the stock music app for my music, and then Doggcatcher for my podcasts. Unfortunately, this causes confusion when I am pausing and playing via Bluetooth - both apps will start playing, or one app will play and the other will pause...

It would be mostly solved if Android would give priority to the focused application when responding to Bluetooth commands (so I could just open the app I want and then it would act normally), but unfortunately, such is not the case.

Is there any kind of good music app out there that does good podcast management? I don't need much, just the ability to download podcasts on demand, and remember how much of the podcast I've listened to.

Suggestions? DoubleTwist claims to do this, but I have to connect to the computer to sync, which I think is friggin' stupid. I just want to be able to do everything OTA.

Yeah, I tried Listen. It's fine, but it doesn't solve my problem - that is, it still requires me to have a second app, which means that Bluetooth commands are still seen by multiple applications.

I'm trying to get around Android's poor implementation of Bluetooth commands (that is, it sends them system wide instead of passing them to the open app) by consolidating into a single application for all of my podcasts & music.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones