• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music app

ReDDoG

Lurker
Oct 22, 2013
Hello all,im looking for a new music/widget that collects my music an will allow me to do 3 things.(1)Put them folders by heavy metal ect.(2)Once I start that folder it just plays all the songs until done unless I skip a song(3)I could careless about album covers I just need to be able to set a name it the have it play random all ect of that folder.im sure I came name it whatever.I have the typical comedy hard crock country ect songs.But it would be nice to have all the song at one point show up just pick out just one song.

Im being picky but I see alot of music apps.not sure which is right for me.

Thanks for any all help.gn

From what you describe, I can't even think of a music player that CAN'T do those. AFAIK, every single one can do those.

1. Arranging by "heavy metal", "country", or whatever can be done on any music player, what only differs is the method. Some allow you to use folders (like the built in player in Galaxy phones), or use the genre ID3 tag (pretty much every single music player worth it's code). You can also use playlists.

2. Again, every single music player can do this. Just play the genre/folder and it will play everything in that folder and only those. Even skipping songs will only skip to songs within that folder/genre/playlist.

3. Uhm, yeah. Turn on shuffle.

As I said, every single music player I've ever encountered (even those from my 7 year old Nokia) can do what you ask.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones