• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music Apps Skip Songs

Morality

Lurker
Jan 18, 2011
So I am a new owner to the LG Optimus S. I ported over my SD card from my last phone with some music on it.

However, an issue I am experiencing is that it will not play certain songs even though they list in the player.

One such scenario is this, a shuffle all playlist of my music is in process.

It ends a song and goes to the next. There is a slight pause, or an extremely small split second of audio from the next track, as it switches, and then it skips to the next one.

Sometimes this can happen 7 times in a row, (it is quite frequent) and annoying.

So I wonder if it is just the shuffling mechanics... nope. I watched as one song skipped and then tried to play it by itself. It skipped to the next track.

The songs are of the same type as others that work, and they worked on my other phone from before.

So I tried switching from the default music app to winamp and the same issue occurs.

What could be wrong? Is it my microSD card going out or is it an issue with software?

I dont know if you figured out the solution to the problem. I had the same issue.

My music player was working fine, then suddenly it would keep skipping the songs. I thought maybe it was a faulty application, but after a little bit of digging I found that the Last.fm application was the culprit. I deleted the app and now my music player works fine.

It has something to do with the scrobbling of music that Last.fm does that messes with the music player.

Hope this helps not only you but anyone who has this problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones