• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music does not appear on phone/music player?

Just place some music on the tiny sd and it shows up...only 2gs of music allowed???

The internal SD has about 12GB of free space you can store music on. The 2GB on the tiny SD card can be upgrade with up to 32GB micro SD card. 32GB is mighty expensive though, most of us go for 16GB Class 4 cards.

To put music on the internal SD card, plug your phone to a computer using a micro USB to USB cable, swipe down on the notification bar and hit Mount. Your phone's SD cards (internal and external) should now show up in Windows Explorer as separate removable drives.

Reactions: TuesdayClub
Upvote 0
I'm using a macbook 10.4...Sadly, every time I drop a music folder into the internal it does not show up in any of my players (dl'd 3 just to see if there was a difference).

a few suggestions from a non Mac user...

As I understand it you often need to enable USB Debugging for Mac's to properly mount the sd drives in the phone. Also if it's like a Windows machine, though you may see the removable devices when the phone is connected via USB, you still have to pull down the notification bar and mount the drives, otherwise those removable devices will remain empty.

Are your audio files purchased itunes files? And if so are they by chance pre-mid 2009? If they end in an extention .m4p then thank yourself for buying DRM locked down music that won't play on anything other than iTunes or an Apple device (not without jumping through a lot of conversion hoops). If they're .m4a you're fine though, and naturally anything .mp3 or .flac will be just fine as well.

Reactions: TuesdayClub
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones