• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music download

jlexi320

Lurker
Nov 26, 2011
I really need some help. My phone won't download music anymore. It used to but about 1-2 months ago it was hit or miss, sometimes it would, most of the time it wouldn't. Now it just plain won't download. I've installed and uninstalled multiple different apps with no luck. They either say network failure/connection timed out, they just keep searching forever, or one app in particular (when it decides to find something) will start downloading the song and get about 20% then just sit there.

Also, the android market has stopped working also. It keeps saying connection time out, but I can download apps on the market from my laptop.

I have 2.3, my phone isn't rooted, it's stock and it does this regardless of 1x or perfect 3g signal.

I really need some help. My phone won't download music anymore. It used to but about 1-2 months ago it was hit or miss, sometimes it would, most of the time it wouldn't. Now it just plain won't download. I've installed and uninstalled multiple different apps with no luck. They either say network failure/connection timed out, they just keep searching forever, or one app in particular (when it decides to find something) will start downloading the song and get about 20% then just sit there.

Also, the android market has stopped working also. It keeps saying connection time out, but I can download apps on the market from my laptop.

I have 2.3, my phone isn't rooted, it's stock and it does this regardless of 1x or perfect 3g signal.

If you have 2.3 then you're rooted if you have an Ascend. What phone are we talking about? also some web browsers wont let you download some things, such as Opera wont download from MediaFire

Upvote 0
If you have 2.3 then you're rooted if you have an Ascend. What phone are we talking about? also some web browsers wont let you download some things, such as Opera wont download from MediaFire

I'm guessing this is the ASCEND II, since the person states that they have ANDROID 2.3 & un-rooted,as that is what the A2 ships with out-of-the-box.
However,I'm betting the browser issue holds true for this as well.Try using the stock browser to download media.If they're on CRICKET & have exceeded 1GB of 3G in their billing cycle,this could cause download problems as well,especially during virtual data traffic jams during peak (prime time) evening hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones